Colonel Christophe Michel
Secretary General for Defence & National Security
Government of France
2:30 PM A PRAGMATIC RESPONSE TO CIVILIAN DRONES: BALANCING REGULATIONS WITH COUNTER-DRONE CAPABILITY
· An overview of French UAV regulatory frameworks for both civil and commercial drones
· How effective is regulation in minimising accidents, particularly involving hobbyists? Is awareness and training sufficient?
· Risk-based analysis of drones in the French national airspace
· Strategies for the short and long-term to counter the threat of hostile drones
· What role should international aviation legislation play in developing drone legislation?
· Cost considerations for the implementation of permanent C-UAS solutions at fixed venues and stadia
· Assessing the viability of mobile C-UAS systems for stadia
· Best practice for the implementation of mobile solutions for VIP security